Whatcha Reading?

Er.... it's 2pm here, and it's my day to post. Ooops. My only excuse: I just got back to the East Coast yesterday, and let's pretend everything is three hours earlier, ok? :)

Let's also pretend that I didn't spend all morning with my nose in a book so good that I forgot to do my online duties... (The book, btw, is FRACTURE by Megan Miranda and will be out this upcoming January!)

I've been reading a slew of post-apoc and spec fic lately, actually:

  • THE UNBECOMING OF MARA DYER by Michelle Hodkin: A creepy read perfect for Halloween. Read it now and get in the mood of October! It's about a girl who is the sole survivor of a horrible accident that killed her friends...but as time goes on, you learn it wasn't exactly an accident...and the girl may be more involved in it than even she knew...
  • SHATTER ME by Taraheh Mafi: Out soon, this novel is about a girl with the power to kill those she touches, a la Rogue from X-Men. It has a very unique writing style, incorporating the cross-outs that the title has on the cover.
  • FEVER by Lauren deStefano: The sequel to WITHER, I begged, borrowed, stole this novel. Just started it, but I can tell that it's going to be just as awesome, if not moreso, than the first book, about a world where people die much too young and a girl who's been kidnapped in order to procreate.
So: what have you been reading?

6 comments:

Jenny S. Morris said...

I've read tons of Ally Carter over the last couple of days. About to read The Helper tomorrow.

LM Preston said...

I am beta reading an awesome book. Only thing is I can only do it on my computer since I have to make corrections to it.

Kelly Polark said...

I finished Elana's Possession last week and I am now reading Bad Taste in Boys by Carrie Harris.
I have Good Taste in Books!

Anna-Maria Crum said...

I just started "Daughter of Smoke and Bone" by Lani Taylor. I love her writing.

Shari Green said...

Currently reading THE RAISING, by Laura Kasischke. :)

lotusgirl said...

I just finished The Sweetest Thing by Christine Mandelski that I got at the SCBWI conference and am currently reading You're wearing that? by Deborah Tannen for my book club.